Roads and Highways
This page is the starting point for all the roads and highways information you'll find on this site. Enjoy your trip!
These pages contain -- what else? -- road sign photos. They are graphic-intensive, so please give them time to load.
- New Signs in Kentucky
- Here you will find signage newly installed in Kentucky in late 2006 and in 2007. This page focuses on the use of the Clearview font in new guide sign installations, and the new style of signage used for Kentucky's parkways, which are the former toll roads within the Commonwealth.
- The Michael Summa Collection
- Before digital cameras, before the Internet, before the proliferation of desktop computers and flatbed scanners, there was Michael Summa. We are proud and fortunate to have acquired a large number of scans from his collection, most of of which were taken more than a decade ago, and to be able to display them here.
- Road Sign Goofs Picture Page
- This page contains photos of mistakes on road signs. Mistakes may include misspellings or typographical errors, or incorrect route number types (US routes signed as state routes, and vice versa).
- Old Road Signs Picture Page
- On this page, you'll find photos of old road signs and sign styles that are not in common use anymore. Examples include cutout US route shields and nonreflective signs.
- Interesting Road Signs Picture Page
- Here, you'll find signs that I felt were interesting for one reason or another. You'll just have to take a look at them and see if you agree that they're interesting, or not!
- Signs & Sights
- Here you'll find a hodgepodge of photos of road signs and sights along the highways of several states.
Highway Information Pages
If you're looking for information pages dealing with certain roads and highways, this is the right place.
- Toll No More
- On June 1, 2003, tolls were removed from the Cumberland and Daniel Boone Parkways in southern Kentucky. Demolition of the toll plazas began after a ceremony on June 9, at which the Daniel Boone Parkway was renamed for U.S. Rep. Harold 'Hal" Rogers (R-Somerset), who secured federal funding to pay off the bonds on these two toll roads ahead of schedule. These pages depict the toll plazas after the tolls were removed, but before they were demolished.
West Virginia Highways Page
- This is the home of my unofficial West Virginia Highways page. Included is a route log of West Virginia interstate, US and state routes; information on the West Virginia highway system; a few photos, and some links to official West Virginia highway information sources. These pages are being revamped to provide more information and even some photos. If you have additional information or corrections, please E-mail me.
- Guide to Kentucky's Interstates and Parkways
- Here is my version of the popular exit lists, done Bluegrass-style. This portion of the Web site is still under construction, but here you'll find a list of exits for Kentucky's nine interstates and nine parkways. Included are exit numbers, intersecting route numbers and/or names, destinations shown on the exit signs, and other destinations not listed that are reached from the exits. Again, if you can add information to these guides, please E-mail me.
Here are some road-related pages which don't really fit the above categories. All are graphic-intensive, so please give them time to load.
- New I-26 Virtual Tour
- Take a tour of the new Interstate 26 in Tennessee and North Carolina, officially opened to traffic in August 2003
- Lincoln Heritage Trail
- This page contains scans of a tourism brochure promoting the Lincoln Heritage Trail in Kentucky, Indiana and Illinois.
- Covered Bridges in Kentucky
- Here you'll find photos and brief descriptions of some of Kentucky's covered bridges, along with accompanying historical markers if applicable. This page is very image-intensive, so it will be slow to load.
- If you reside in West Virginia, Virginia, or Tennessee, you can legally bet on sports online at DraftKings! The DraftKings Sportsbook is giving away up to $1,000 in free bets to all new customers. Read more here. Get free NFL stats, fantasy football tips, and sports betting picks at the Fantasy Footballer website.
- TheDenverEye.com - historic pictures of Denver.
- Cincinnati-Transit.net - historic pictures of the highways, bridges, tunnels, and railroads of Cincinnati.
- RailwayPreservation.com - historic pictures of streetcars and railway systems across the US.
- Bet on your Kentucky Wildcats or Louisville Cardinals at BetOnline! Redeem one of these BetOnline promo codes and get up to a $1,000 welcome bonus. Find reviews of all the top betting sites for USA players at https://www.bettingsitesusa.net.
Back to the Millennium Highway
This page created Nov. 23, 1999
Last modified Jan 16, 2022